Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sunday Nature Photos

So, I am usually the last to publicly give any praise to myself. When I was a master's student, I was full of doubt thinking that no one would find my research at all interesting. I think it had to do with the interdisciplinary nature of my project, but also the physics envy common in ecology. So I haven't really talked up my Ph.D. research. Part of it was that I really wanted to avoid saying something that I didn't know much about, and frankly it is rude to talk about one's self. But, over the last couple of weeks, I have really taken ownership of my research. Surprisingly, things really came together in ways that both my major professor and I are really happy with. I must say that I owe much to my major prof; I've grown in a lot of ways in the last five years and much has to do with working with her. But anyway, here is the flyer I made the other day advertising my seminar. I'll wait till the publications are out before I actually talk about the science.